I decided it was a good day to play Bingo with my third grade class.
I brought in a bingo card for each student, and considering as it is difficult for them to write English (read:impossible)I gave them the challenge to just draw a picture of the sport or musical instrument that I had recently taught them into each bingo square.
The game went well, everyone cheered, also we played until everyone won. I don't like to leave kids out of the satisfaction of winning. (In kindergarten, we play musical chairs except I never remove a chair. No one loses, and no one seems to notice.)
After class I went to the teachers office, and sat there trying to look busy for a half hour. Pretty soon I hear the usual "Shitsureshimasu!" At the door, a child asking for permission to enter. He walks right up to me, and starts saying all sorts of things in my general direction. I notice he looks sincere, so I pretend as if I know what it is he is saying. "Mm. Mm." Is my response to everything. Which, in writing, looks gross. But it is a grunt of understanding.
He says something about a "Bingo Cardo" indicating the sheet I gave him. Then he says in english "I'm Sorry. Gomenesai." Which would mean he is pretty sorry.
I have no clue what this little guy is sorry about. But I tell him not to worry about it.
After this I go upstairs, as I walk by this last class I had literally the whole damn class gets up and swarms me in the hall. All of them saying a similar speech like this last little guy. They almost all conclude with "I'm Sorry. Gomenesai!" At this point, I am concerned.
I see a few of them reading something on the board as they speak to me. And I peek in. On the board, one of the other teachers had written something in English, and a Japanese interpretation on the bottom.
"I made Paper Airplane Bingo Card. I'm Sorry."
No comments:
Post a Comment